Friday 15 May 2015

The All-New Suzuki Vitara Review



The long awaited all-new Suzuki Vitara is finally here and what a first impression it has made.  When I was given the opportunity to test-drive the Vitara, I jumped at the chance. The new Vitara has big shoes to fill replacing its older brother, the Grand Vitara and the prestigious 4x4 history that is attached to it.


Rugged Good Looks

Judging from face value, the Vitara certainly is a handsome devil with its rugged good looks. You can tell that Suzuki have sunk a lot of time and energy into designing the Vitara, I certainly felt like I had a great road presence during my journey down a busy high street, heads were turning.

Horizon Orange Metallic combined with a Cosmic Black Pearl roof2 was the colour that I chose to take out onto the road, but the variety of options to personalise your Vitara are staggering!


Starting with the exterior, you can add either a rugged pack or urban pack before you choose from 10 striking paint colours with dual-tone options. The personlisation options continue when you step inside, with matching colour coded instrument panel and vent surroundings.



Step Inside

Whilst I’m on the subject of the interior, I am pleased to say that it more than lives up to expectations. The dashboard has been ergonomically designed to aid control and the interior has a luxurious and spacious feel.


The Vitara doesn’t skimp on technology either, bringing with it standard features such as DAB radio, Bluetooth® Connectivity, daytime running lights and cruise control! To top this off, there are even further options to add to this remarkable vehicle such as a panoramic sunroof* and a rear view camera.




It’s all in the Drive

So, the Vitara has the looks, but what’s style over substance? Well I’m pleased to announce that the Vitara delivers on both fronts. However before I go into detail, the first thing I noticed when I sat in the driver’s seat is the high-seat position. Being a short man, I was worried about having clear visibility on the road ahead, so it came as a pleasant surprise that the Vitara gave me confidence and made me feel in control.

The second thing I noticed was the steering wheel, which was finished in quality leather and held a variety of practical controls, so my attention could be focused on the road ahead.

Upon setting off I felt instantly in control, the steering felt light as a feather. My worry about visibility became a distant memory, as I felt well aware of my surroundings. The 1.6 litre petrol engine was more than adequate and gave me the necessary power when it was required.

Overall the short but sweet test drive was very memorable, the Vitara felt special and in-turn made me feel special, it gave me the confidence of feeling in control and managed to turn a fair few heads when I was stuck in rush hour traffic.


So is it a worthy replacement for its older brother? To put it simply, “yes” but why don’t you decide by taking a test drive with Autoworld Suzuki.

For enquiries, to book your test drive or more information, please visit our website at www.autoworld.co.uk or call us on 01246386671

No comments:

Post a Comment